While a tank and tankless instant water heater serve the same purpose, they operate differently. Essentially, tankless water heaters provide hot water on demand, whereas tank water heaters store hot water in a tank until it is needed.
To know more about how you can make an informed decision and select the best option for your needs, the following information explains the pros and cons of each unit:
Tank Storage Water Heaters
- Readily Available – Tank water heaters have long been standard in various markets. This means that more options are available at different price points.
- Cheaper – Tank water heaters are less expensive to maintain and repair because they cost less to buy. Having low long-term maintenance costs may be made possible by this.
- Low Maintenance – They only require minimal maintenance beyond periodic flushing to remove sediment buildup.
- Limited Lifespan – Tank storage water heaters typically have a shorter lifespan than tankless models and may need to be replaced more frequently.
- Risk of Leaks – This can cause water damage to your home and require costly repairs.
Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy Efficiency – Tankless units only heat water when you turn on taps or appliances requiring hot water, saving you money on energy costs.
- Saves Space – Since tankless heaters tend to be smaller than tank storage heaters, you can save a lot of floor space.
- Instant Hot Water – Your water is heated on demand, so you will never have to wait long for warm water.
- Higher Upfront Costs – A tankless water heater has a higher initial cost than traditional models. During installation, you may also incur retrofit costs.
- Limited Hot Water Capacity – While it providesa continuous hot water supply, it can struggle to meet high hot water demand. This is evident in larger households or during peak usage times, such as the winter season.
- Installation Requirements – They may require larger gas lines or electrical circuits than traditional ones, adding to the installation costs.
Shop for High-Quality Water Heaters today!
Rheem Philippines is a company providing residential and commercial water heaters. Visit their website www.rheemphilippines.com/ or contact them at +63-917-599-5329 for more information.