In a simple way, it prevents you from spending a lot of time looking for a product and making faster deliveries. You control all the movements of the product in your warehouse to avoid damage, theft or expiration of your stocks. Control of production so as not to saturate the warehouse. Send updated information to sellers, ecommerce store, ordering system to suppliers, production, etc. Avoid mistakes when identifying products. Avoid hiring staff for these types of tasks. You reduce time and money that you can use for other value-added activities.
But, the problem with warehouse management is that it represents a cost that affects the final value of the product. So optimized management is vital so you can have more competitive prices in the market. For that you need Reasonable Storage Costs and affordable logistic storage service. Gaining more information on this can also be helpful.
The storage logistics principles:
Luckily, there are already general rules that experts suggest to make the management of a warehouse more effective, such as:
- The monitoring of stocks should fall on only one person.
- One person for each position and function.
- The best thing is to have only one door and guarded.
- If your production is bigger, you can have an entrance door and an exit door.
- Update (automatically) the information to the other departments of the company.
- Create a coded identification to classify all your products.
- The inventory must be done by someone who is not related to the warehouse.
- Distribute warehouse areas by sectors.
- For very large stores you can create identifiers with access levels to restricted areas, etc.
- Choose the maximum handling unit (packages within more packages)
- The route of the machines and operators must be the minimum
- The space required for storage must be the minimum
- You must find the minimum number of manipulations (steps, movements, stages)
- Line of failures and assembly
- Coordination between manufacturing and assembly machines
- Design the distribution plan
Same process for SME’s
This is where you should cover the basic aspects of all the logistics of your company. If you already have your company created maybe you should review each point to understand the process a little better overall. If you are starting with your small business you should have all these points in mind to ask for the financing you need.
Choose if you will have your own warehouse or if it will be subcontracted. In this case, the management of a warehouse depends on several factors such as the behavior of your market, your business strategy, the sales model (to company or end users), of the supply chain, from your production line, and other factors more like space in the city, money available, etc.
The most important tip while choosing the logistic warehouse or storage service is the availability of modern logistic storage services. The place not only need to be big, but also it need to be properly maintained for all type of logistic materials. It must be dust proof, temperature control, 24×7 logistic facility So More Information Here.