A clogged toilet is an event characterized by a stoppage of the usual flow of water in a bathroom. The primary cause of a clogged toilet would be debris lodged within the plumbing and cannot be flushed down the drain. A clogged toilet can also mean obstructions in the drainage pipe, such as tree roots or other objects, which prevent proper drainage of wastewater.
A Clogged toilet (ส้วม ตัน, which is the term in Thai) is one of the most frustrating plumbing issues a homeowner can face. It is time-consuming, smelly, and produces a mess that can cost you your sanity. However, there is hope! These seven tips from the professionals will help you fight the odds and unclog your toilet—faster than it took you to finish reading this sentence.
Seven Tips To Unclog A Clogged Toilet
- Pour 4 cups of rock salt into the bowl. Two cups of rock salt are all you will need for a small bowl; you will need to add more for more giant bowls.
- Pour 1 cup baking soda into the bowl and scrub down the sides with a toilet brush (for smaller toilets, you may want to skip this step).
- Pour 1-cup vinegar into the bowl. You may want to put on rubber gloves and wash them with soap afterward, as it is a bit smelly.
- Wait at least 30 minutes, and then flush your toilet.
- Repeat the above process, if necessary.
- Flush again, and then add one of these.
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar and 1 cup of water into the bowl. Let it sit overnight to work its magic.
Several brands have been made available in the market that makes a product to unclog your clogged toilet. However, they can be pretty expensive compared to some other DIY products.
What Will You Require To Unclog A Clogged Toilet?
- Hand-held showerhead with hose or garden hose with a sprayer attached to its end.
- A bucket filled with 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 quart of vinegar, and 2 cups of salt. (You may also want to add a few towels or rags in the bucket just in case).
- Rags, old towels, and a toilet brush.
It would be in your best interest to seek the best available options to meet your specific clogged toilet unclogging needs. It would help if you were not complacent with your options meeting your specific needs to save money.